Tuesday, 5 July
Around 9ish, we woke up and started getting ready to hike La Rocca, the mountain on the side of Cefalu. We had the small breakfast the b&b provided, which consisted of two tiny pound cakes each. With our 1.5 liters of water, DSLR, sporty clothes, and oakleys, we were ready for this strenuous hike uphill.
The walk was pretty steep and Anders was not happy being the mule carrying everything. I offered to carry the bottle of water, but after five minutes of carrying it, I gave it back to Anders. Hee hee hee. The hike gave us some awesome views of the bay. We also loved our polarized oakley sunglasses, as all the colors were sooo rich. We walked around some temples too. Some parts we got really good views downwards, but Anders was very unhappy when I walked close to the edge. At one point he held on to my waist to make sure I didn't accidentally trip and fall over. The wall was only knee high. There were a lot of Scandinavians on this hike too. One Swedish lady kept on swearing saying F it's so hot. We need to stop. I don't think I can make it...it was still a long way up for them. As we went on, I felt some water drizzle on me. I thought it was Anders sprinkling water at me, but it was actually the sky. So strange because there were no clouds, just open blue skies. The hike was very nice, we both enjoyed it very much.
We returned to roomantic afterwards and rested a bit. We thought about going to the beach, but then decided to be lazy and stayed in eating olives and chips, drinking sparkling red, and taking cat naps. It was very nice.
At 5pm, we finally motivated ourselves to go into town. We walked to the duomo and then into a few shops...bought saffron for Anders dad. We made a few stops along our walk for some drinks. We did a quick wine tasting at a wine bar. That was very cool. By 7pm, we already had a decent amount of drinks in us. Thus we decided to take a walk along the water prior to meeting Kjetil and his girlfriend at 8pm. The walk was very nice. It was very secluded except for some restaurants along the coast.
Kjetil and his girlfriend's trip happened to cross our path at Cefalu, thus we met up for drinks and dinner. The drinks were very quick since they came a bit late.
We went to La Brace for dinner. It was ranked #2 on trip advisor. The restaurant was run by a mother (cook) and son (server). The two took care of the whole restaurant. The meal was good, but not as good as Le Chat Noir. Anders ordered mushroom granite, and it came out with mushrooms and melted cheese. He was very disappointed, but it was exactly what he ordered. For mains, we ordered the lamb chops and rabbit. Both were really good. The lamb chops were very tender and the rabbit had a herbal/walnut infusion. Very tasty. The company was also nice to have. We had some really good conversations. It was fun.
At the end of the night, Kjetil's girlfriend asked me if I liked coffee, and I said sure. I can have it if she likes. Anders then proceeded to talk to Kjetil about coffee or no coffee in Norwegian. In the end Anders concluded for all no coffee. I thought it was a bit strange since Kjetil's girlfriend wanted coffee. Oh wells. I asked Anders afterwards, and apparently he misread her. He thought she wanted coffee. He was a bit embarrassed and ultimately disappointed that I didn't give him a hint.
Oh on our walk out of the restaurant, Anders realized he forgot the saffron, so he had to run back for it. The search was hard for it, so I'm glad he got it back.
Perth
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment