Friday, December 5, 2008

Last day in Sydney; last farewell to Natasha

Saturday, November 29th
At around 10am, Natasha woke me up with a text saying her flight just landed. It was an hour behind schedule. I quickly woke up and started to make my way to her hotel by 11am. Natasha came with Belinda, Jenny and Helen. I was very excited to hang out with them. I met them once in Melbourne and they seemed really nice. The girls were pretty tired since they only slept for 4 hours, like myself, before having to wake up to get to the airport.
We planned our schedule and decided to try to go to both Manly and Bondi beach. We took a ferry to Manly beach. Jenny was a bit nervous about being on the boat because she gets motion sickness. We tried different methods, including looking at the horizon, to make her feel better. It turned out staring at a sign on board worked best for her. The harbour view from the ferry was beautiful. We got to see the Sydney harbour bridge and the opera house. Needless to say, we took a lot of photos on the ferry ride.
At Manly we walked around town to find a lunch spot. We ate at a place that had bunch of different lunch options for AUD12 and a free glass of wine. Only Helen and I drank, and we drank the other girls wine. It was a pretty good deal. We all enjoyed our meal. I had grilled baramundi with chips and salad. Yumm. We then check out the beach to take a few photos. The weather was not cooperating. It was pretty cold, so we just basically snapped a few photos then headed back to town to catch the bus to Bondi. I don't get how people can surf in such cold weather.
Steph and Bernice were already at Bondi doing some shopping by the time we got on the bus. The ride took us about 30mins. The beach was nice, I think I prefer it over Manly because it feels more like an ocean, versus Manly was more like a bay-ish area. We walked around Bondi play a 3 f game...friends, f, fiance. Basically we spot 3 guys and labeled them as who would you take as a friend, f, and a fiance.
After we were done with the beach, we saw a bus drive by and considered taking it, but Helen suggested that we take a longer walk around town. That turned out to be a big mistake as it started pouring down on us. Helen hates the rain because it frizzes her hair. So it was a bit disastrous. Everyone wanted to take the bus back to Sydney, which was a huge problem since the bus was filling up. We had to wait 45mins before the next bus came. By that time we were all soaking wet, especially me. Even the bus was wet! It was also not good for Belinda since she was sick to begin with.
We split up when we arrived in town to get ready for dinner and a girls night out. I spent some time on the internet to book my airline tickets to Sundance and Chicago to visit Heather. I can't wait for the trip to Sundance. It'll be so nice to hang out with my most favorite ladies.
At 10pm we all reconvened at Darling harbour for dinner. It was cold and wet. Not very pleasant. Steph and Bernice stopped by to say hi to Natasha and friends before they headed back to the hostel. They just came from the aquarium, which it seems like I totally missed out on. I guess more reason for me to come back to visit. After a quick chat we went to search for some dinner. We stopped by an Italian place for dinner. Although I was craving pasta, I ordered kangaroo fillet since that would probably be the last time I could have it. It was good, but Scotties still had the best one.
Right when dinner wrapped up it started to pour on us. Helen was really not happy because her hair was going to frizz up. We quickly ran to Watershed, but ended up not going because they were charging a AUD20 cover! We ended up going to the bar above Watershed, which was lame. After one drink we tried to go to Home across the harbour. By then Belinda wasn't feeling well at all. We had to put her in a cab back to the hotel. The cover at home was AUD25! Expensive, but we decided to suck it up since we're only in Sydney once. It was a giant club. A pop singer named Lyanna performed. It was a big 18+ year old party with a lot of skanky girls wanting to dance on stage. One girl was wearing an Obama wife beater and shorts her arse was totally hanging out of. To make matters worse she wasn't even cute. Other girls were wearing shirts as dress. I was embarrassed for them. By 1:30am I had to say goodbye to the girls. It was so nice reconnecting with Natasha. Who would guess contiki would work out so well for our friendship. It took a while for me to get a cab back. No driver wanted to take me since I was so close. Finally an Asian driver accepted my destination. I had only exactly AUD15, and somehow I was lucky enough that it worked out to be exactly AUD15. Whew!
I was taking a flight to Auckland at 7:50am and had to leave at 5:10am, which meant waking up at 4:10am. To avoid not missing my flight, I showered when I went back. Yea sleeping for only 2hrs was going to be painful.

No comments: