Monday, October 21st
The day was pretty relaxed. I woke up and went to a far corner of the beach to check my emails and talk on gchat. There were two dogs playing right beside me...playing meaning going at each other full force. It's pretty funny because I would lose signal rather quickly so I would have to walk to a different part of the beach to get signal, but these dogs just played fight besides me wherever I walked. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous that one of them would accidentally bite me. One even digged a giant hole right next to me. Yes, animals love me...especially cats...too bad I'm not interested in cats.
So yes, I am a bit obsessive with my emails, but I legitimately had important things to figure out that morning...like bills and accommodation at koh samui. So I felt it was a legitimate reason to sit in the corner of the beach. Besides, most people were still sleeping or doing pilates at 8am.
Steph and I actually did two yoga classes. An easy one at 10:30am and a more strenuous one at 4pm. I'm not sure if I truly appreciate the art of yoga, but maybe after a few more classes I will. We plan to do it again tomorrow.
Besides yoga, chatting with people (especially christy from new zealand - she is so nice), reading (I finally finished when genius failed) and eating there's not much more to do here. Oh I did go out for a swim in the ocean...but it wasn't so clean. Boy do I miss the crystal clear blue water of zanzibar. I think I might be forever spoiled and beaches may never be the same again. Maybe Australia will wow us again. I sure hope so.
This place is supposed to be peaceful and filled with serenity, but the awful noise of chain saws, staple guns, and hammering from the roof construction sort of ruins it all. This should of been disclosed as a warning prior to booking. But overtime, you learn to drown out those noises.
The food at the sanctuary is very fresh and clean feeling. I had sauteed tofu and mushrooms for lunch and spring rolls and curry for dinner. Both were very good, but I do miss meat in my diet. There's only fish and seafood here. One more day and we're off to koh samui though.
There's not much happening here and I wished I could be more insightful...but apparently the thinking alone process is not working out so well for me. I will try again later.
1 comment:
Wow, what an amazing trip. I live on Samui and read a lot of travel blogs. Nice to hear some folks are still brave enough for the train :) -- slow but cheap and environmentally friendly. During the day, you can see a good deal from the train too.
Well, too bad about the construction at the Sanctuary - fact is there is a lot of construction here on Samui too.
Good luck, and feel free to give a holler if you need any recommendations for Samui.
All the best,
Paul
Samui Island Hotels
Post a Comment