Today I decided to stay back while alan, stephanie, and louisa went to macau. I figured I needed to catch up on some sleep and it was similar to vegas. I know there you can see some Portuguese influences in the island and the largest venetian, but r and r was much needed.
I woke up at around 10am, after going to bed at 3pm the previous night. Ben and I stayed up to chit chat about relationships. By the time I woke, Ben was already at his weekly japanese class where he had to take two exams. He is learning japanese for his japanese girlfriend. While I waited for Ben to finish class at 2pm, I did washing and posted pictures on my blog. So if you want to see all the photos on my blog click on the photos link on the right side of the blog page.
Ben and I originally tried to go to his favorite hanan chicken place at north point, but it was closed so we went somewhere else. It was still delicious. I tried his favorite soup, which was good.
Ben was then kind enough to walk around and entertain me. We went to a new shopping center at tsim sha tsui then the ladies market. The mall was really high and nice. Tons of stores, including a funky gabe store with a huge sign saying sign up for gabe's club. I tried to sms it to my buddy gabe, but it didn't work. We then went to the ladies market, which was a street market selling a bunch of imitations and random things like clothes, watches, luggage, and such. Ben and I both bought things after haggling for a few dollars (as little as $1.25). Haggling is part of the whole experience of the ladies market.
We then went to tsim sha tsui to see the night laser light show. I didn't have my tripod, so I was a bit concerned that I couldn't get good shots. But, after walking around a bit I was able to locate a steady pier stump to take photos. Improvising is key!
Alan was supposed to meet us at the show, but he missed it. He did try really hard running through the huge tsim sha tsui mtr station. He did get to see the night skyline again and had our company for dinner. Steph and louisa just went to grab a quick bite and went home.
Ben, alan, and I went to the largest mall in hong kong to have dinner. The mall was huge! I could never shop there because it would make me so frustrated. It took us 15mins to briskly walk from one end to the other end where our thai restaurant was. The food was pretty good, a bit disappointed in the fried rice, but still satisfying.
We went back to our respective places afterwards since alan and I still needed to finish packing and be ready at 6am to go to the airport. Because it took me so long to pack and fix up my logistic stuff (like calling time warner and aa) I didn't get to chat with ben before I left.
I had a wonderful stay at ben's place. Thanks ben!!!! It'll be another month before I get to stay at another comfortable friend's home.
No comments:
Post a Comment